Friday, June 15, 2007

Life of an amateur blogger

I really need to get better at this blogging stuff. I usually have the best intentions at heart, but to get into the habit of blogging on a regular basis is kind of hard. But hey at least it hasn't been like 6 months in between posts, so that is a start. Okay enough about my lack of blogging.

As for life here in my house...things are going pretty smoothly. I just signed up for the New York Institute of Photography online course. Paul just shot a wedding this past weekend for an old co-worker of his. It was difficult for him, but he managed to pull it off. So I am proud of him for that. He was eager for me to sign up for the NYIP course since he just did that wedding. He is interested in seeing what the program has to offer. And of course so am I. Paul has been quite busy with other projects as well. He recently submitted a few drawings and some photographs into our County Fair. We heard he won some awards but we are not sure on what pieces. So we are anxious to find out what took a ribbon. Personally I think all of his stuff is award winning/first place material but then again I just might be a bit biased.

Now onto the latest happenings with Ava. The last couple weeks she has been a bit of a handful. Mood swings galore again. And here I thought we were on to smooth sailing. Kids...they sure know how to throw you off course. At first I thought it was due to her getting some new teeth...but that just doesn't seem to be the case. Not that I don't think she isn't getting more teeth because I think she is, but man she has been a pistol lately. And she has the patience of a gnat...which is not a whole lot at all. Though it isn't all bad (we love bedtime around here...lol)...no really she is learning so much lately and her already broad vocabulary is growing more and more every single day. Just in the last few days she has begun saying "Are you okay?", "oh man", "achoo" (for faking a sneeze), "elbow" (and no she is not trying to say Elmo...she doesn't care a thing about Elmo and doesn't watch Elmo), "Please" (finally...she has learned one manner...not that she says it on cue yet...but there is hope), and "wait". I am sure there are more but these are the ones I can think of right off the top of my head. The funny thing about her saying "are you okay?" is she knows when to say it. It is so darn cute. Moments like these make my heart melt...that is until she goes back into moody tantrum mode. She has been getting a few time outs here lately because of the tantrums. Here is too hoping she snaps out of this moody phase soon. :)

Overall though life here has been interesting and busy. Ava and I are spending some more time outdoors as she loves to be outside and the meltdowns are far less when we are outside or on the go. She may just end up one tan toddler by the end of the summer. I hope to get her a small kiddie pool too because the girl LOVES water and I know she would have a blast in the pool. I've gotten picture of her in her Dora swim suit as well as this adorable pink with brown polka dots bikini swim suit. That swim suit is adorable. I will need to figure out how to post pictures on here. Okay well that is going to be it for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment