Friday, January 25, 2008

100 More Random Thoughts...

1. In college I hated my Philosophy class.
2. Actually I just didn't like the professor...I do like philosophy.
3. I've never been to any state on the west coast.
4. I would like to visit California, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, and New Mexico one of these days.
5. And Las Vegas too while I am at it.
6. I love road trips.
7. The first time I ever went to Chicago I was 24 and I have lived in IL my entire life. Sad I know.
8. The Amtrak is the best way to go to Chicago and not have to mess with traffic or parking.
9. I think Iceland would be an awesome place to vacation.
10. I think I need a vacation. :)
11. I can't stand the word "Biggie". It annoys me when people say "it's no biggie".
12. Ava can count to 10 in Spanish. Thanks to Dora the Explorer.
13. I am surprised I am actually "blogging" on a more regular basis. Amazing really.
14. I buy off eBay all the time.
15. I should probably sell more on eBay to make up for me spending money on there.
16. I buy most of my books off amazon.com or eBay.
17. I just finished reading "The Vagina Monologues" be Eve Ensler. Very interesting book.
18. I am also reading right now "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.
19. So far I am really liking this book.
20. I like playing poker.
21. I am actually really good too.
22. I don't like spiders or ants. They are both very creepy.
23. I like to "people" watch.
24. There are some really strange people in this world.
25. Fanny packs are one of the dumbest inventions ever.
26. It is bad enough when women wear fanny packs, but men should NEVER wear a fanny pack.
27. Men should never don a speedo either. That is just a No-No!
28. I am never caught up on my e-mail.
29. My favorite book as a little kid was "There's a Monster at the End of This Book" (a sesame street book).
30. My favorite childhood book was "Charlotte's Web" by E.B. White.
31. I think the color fuchsia is ugly.
32. I do not write in books (or highlight or underline text in books).
33. It is a pet peeve of mine when people write in books or "dog-ear" the pages in a book.
34. I used to sit next to a girl in one of my college classes and she would write and highlight all over her book. It drove me crazy...well not literally.
35. I start planning in my daughters birthday months and months before the event.
36. I love having a daughter.
37. I love shopping for clothes for my daughter.
38. My favorite flowers are carnations, daisies, and tulips.
39. I think roses are beautiful, but I am not a fan of rose scented things.
40. I want to go see the play "Wicked" in Chicago.
41. I loved the movie "Phantom of the Opera".
42. I would love even more to actually see the "Phantom of the Opera" performed on stage.
43. The best ice cream ever is lemon.
44. There is a local fast food restaurant here that serves lemon ice cream. Yum! :)
45. My favorite board games are scrabble, monopoly, and upwords
45. My favorite card games are war, uno, and rummy.
46. I like trivia games.
47. My Dad loved to draw. I am not so good at it. Believe me!
48. Ava's Dad is an artist. He is awesome at what he does.
49. He thinks he can teach me to be good at drawing. I think he might be wrong about that.
50. I think frogs are creepy.
51. And snakes, and newts oh and lizards too.
52. I love the smell of rain on a warm summer night.
53. I love sitting out in the rain on a warm summer night.
54. I am not very good at badminton.
55. But I am really good at volleyball.
56. I went to the riverboat with my friend Aaron once and lost $30.
57. I played bingo once and won over $4,000.
58. I think I should stick to playing Bingo. LOL
59. The first scratch off lottery ticket I ever played I won $50 on.
60. When I was a kid I used to "shake change" with my Grandpa. You would both put in the same amount of change and then pick either heads or tails. Shake up the change in your hand and then whatever way the money falls you keep what you called.
61. I almost always won fair and square, however once I lost when I was about 9 and I tried not to cry...but I did.
62. My Grandma made my Grandpa give me back my money plus his change too. I don't think he really minded. :)
63. Growing up I wanted to live with my Grandma and Grandpa because I loved being around them.
64. I think they would have let me...but my Mom I think liked me too much and wanted to keep me for herself.
65. My Mom was recently diagnosed with the middle stages of Alzheimer's.
66. My Mom is only 52 years old.
67. It makes me incredibly sad to know my Mom has Alzheimer's.
68. I remember my Great-Grandma having Alzheimer's but she didn't get it until much later in her life.
69. I was raised Southern Baptist.
70. Now I just classify myself as a Christian.
71. Growing up I had to go to church every Sunday morning and every Sunday night and then on Wednesday night. And any other time the Church doors were open.
72. I don't feel like you have to go to Church to spend time with God.
73. I think it is sad when people don't have any kind of belief system at all.
74. I truly believe that all things in life happen for a reason, even if at the time we do not understand why it is happening or had to happen.
75. I hope to raise my daughter with the values of respect, dignity, honesty, love, integrity, and faith.
76. I also hope to raise my daughter to see people for who they are on the inside and not based on their skin color, sexual preference, or religious beliefs.
77. I don't watch a lot of TV.
78. I have a few shows I enjoy watching, but if it was up to me my TV would be on maybe 5 hours a week.
79. I could probably live without TV.
80. However I am not so sure I could live without my computer.
81. Okay well I could, but I don't think I would like it. :)
82. I am horrible at archery.
83. There are some things in life that just should not be made fun of or joked about.
84. My favorite brand of tennis shoes are Nike.
85. I cannot imagine life without my daughter.
86. My daughter looks like me but acts just like my sister.
87. I know almost every word off the Elmo Potty Time DVD...thanks Ava.
88. My favorite cartoons as a kid were Scooby-Doo, The Smurfs, The Get-Along-Gang, and The Jetsons.
89. I still remember the theme songs to Scobby Doo, The Jetsons, and The Flintstones.
90. Every year for Christmas my little brother would give me a "RIF" book he got for free from school.
91. I've always loved holidays, but I look forward to them even more now that I have a child.
92. I thought the Packers would beat the Giants in the playoffs...
93. Obviously they did not beat them.
94. So now I am cheering for the Patriots in the Super Bowl.
95. Most of the time my cell phone is set to vibrate or off...therefore I miss a lot of calls.
96. I think it is very important to vote.
97. People who do not vote shouldn't complain with how the country is being ran.
98. I think it is ridiculous when a person who is an "American" citizen cannot even tell you who the President of the United States is.
99. For some reason the song 99 bottles of beer on the wall....is in my head. Sing it with me...99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...take one down, pass it around...98 bottles of beer on the wall. :)
100. 98 bottles of beer on the wall....98 bottles of beer...take one down, pass it around...97 bottles of beer on the wall. Is the song stuck in your head yet???

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts! We have a lot in common! I love road trips, I love playing poker and I think I'm pretty good at it, I love having daughters, I people watch all the time, and my favorite card game is rummy!

    ReplyDelete