Sunday, January 20, 2008

100 Random Thoughts

I got the idea to do this from an online friend after reading 100 Random Thoughts about her. So here is my list.

100 Random Thoughts

1. I hate winter. Might be because it is like 3 degrees outside right now.
2. I loved winter when I was a kid.
3. We used to have a lot of fun sledding and making snow forts when I was a kid.
4. Summer is my all time favorite season.
5. I can’t wait to set the clocks forward in March.
6. I hate that it is dark so early in the winter!
7. I might like winter just a bit more if it wasn’t dark at 5 p.m.
8. I used to have blonde hair when I was a kid.
9. Now it is brown.
10. I think I liked being blonde better.
11. I found my first “white” hair this past week! Yuck!
12. If I was still blonde I might not have found that white hair! Bleh.
13. I have a scar on my right knee that I’ve had since I was like 4.
14. I have a few scars from childhood and I remember how I got all of them too.
15. When I was about 5, my brother, my sister, and I decided that we would have a “garage sale,” and sell all our toys to make money to buy new toys. So we lugged out all our stuff into the yard.
16. We didn’t sell anything. Maybe it would have helped if we had made signs and actually lived on a busy street.
17. The garage sale was my sister’s idea. That is the last time I listened to her.
18. I have moved 20 times in my life.
19. I really do not like all that packing and moving stuff!
20. I should have went to college and finished when my Dad was willing to pay for it.
21. Math is my absolutely least favorite subject.
22. I love history and political science.
23. When I was in high school I hated giving speeches.
24. When I was in college I took a speech class and I actually liked it.
25. I donated blood my senior year at our blood drive so I could get out of 19 detentions for skipping class.
26. The two classes I skipped the most in high school were Algebra and Psychology. I was bored out of my mind in both of those classes.
27. I would love to go to Italy someday on vacation.
28. I am ½ Italian and ½ German.
29. I am a really good cook.
30. I have a two and a half year old daughter.
31. She really isn’t that picky of an eater for being 2.
32. I have a strong dislike for green beans. But my daughter loves them so I make them for her.
33. My favorite vegetable is cucumbers.
34. I love ranch dressing/dip for my salads and veggies.
35. I make my own ranch dressing/dip usually.
36. I do not like seafood. Yuck!
37. My Mom made me eat fish sticks when I was a kid and the smell and taste was just awful.
38. I had my tonsils taken out when I was 19.
39. I still get really bad sore throats.

40. My first job was at McDonald’s.
41. My Dad said I could only work if I kept my grades up.
42. I made A’s and B’s in high school.
43. I never studied for anything.
44. If I would have applied myself even just a little, I could have made straight A’s.
45. I became a Mom one day before I turned 28.
46. My sister had a baby just recently and having a new baby in the family does not make me want to have another one of my own.
47. I used to think I would have 3 or 4 kids of my own.
48. I think I like only having one child though.
49. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.
50. My sister and I are 13 month and 10 days apart.
51. I couldn’t stand my little brother growing up.
52. He isn’t so bad now. ;)
53. I met my biological Dad for the first time (that I remember him) when I was 9 years old.
54. He has 2 children from his first marriage that I’ve never met before.
55. I’ve always wanted to live somewhere on the East Coast.
56. I love photography.
57. I am working on getting my degree in photography.
58. I think I am pretty good overall for an amateur.
59. I love watching football.
60. My favorite pro teams are the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.
61. My favorite college team is the Illini (Illinois).
62. I own way to many CD’s.
63. I own way to many movies on VHS and DVD.
64. I am horrible at renting a movie and taking it back on time. I always rack up late fees so it is just cheaper for me to buy the movie and watch it when I want.
65. My favorite color is green.
66. I love candles.
67. I own way too many candles. Is that even possible to own too many candles???
68. I could listen to music all day long.
69. Well except if it is my alarm going off, and then I am annoyed with music.
70. I have been scrapbooking since 1998.
71. I buy way more scrapbook stuff than I will every possibly use.
72. I love pens.
73. I love going to Chicago.
74. I don’t like coffee.
75. I do like Starbucks hot chocolate though.
76. The Broccoli Cheddar soup from Panera Bread is delicious.
77. I wish we had a Barnes & Noble where I lived.
78. The closet one is about 40 minutes away. :(
79. Potty training a 2 year old is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
80. My favorite CD right now is the Alicia Keys one that just came out recently.
81. I like the cartoon Lazy Town.
82. Dora the Explorer is pretty annoying.
83. However it has taught Ava to count in Spanish.
84. I’ve taught Ava how to count to 17 though in English. LOL
85. I got glasses for the first time when I was 24.
86. I don’t wear them as often as I should.
87. I am going to try to “blog” on a more regular basis.
88. I think I said that last year too.
89. We will see how long that lasts. :)
90. I hope I am ½ the Mom that my Mom has been.
91. Because if I am, then Ava will have a really good Mom.
92. I am not a huge fan of talking on the phone.
93. If you get my voicemail or answering machine it’s not that I am screening my calls, it is more than likely that I just don’t feel like talking at that time.
94. People that smoke in cars with the windows rolled up and children in the car annoy the heck out of me.
95. “The Diary of Anne Frank” is an amazing book.
96. So is “To Kill a Mockingbird”.
97. My Mom remarried when I was 2 years old and he adopted me and my sister.
98. I used to do a lot of “creative” writing when I was a kid.
99. I wrote a 135 page (typed) book when I was 11.
100. Now I just mostly write poetry and short stories.

1 comment: