Monday, February 11, 2008

Wide Awake...

I wish I could be asleep right now. Ava woke up having a night terror at about 2 a.m., and it took me quite awhile to get her to calm down and go back to a restful sleep. The one tonight, was actually a pretty bad one, because it took me just at an hour to calm her down. I am not sure what is going on with her lately, but she has been having night terrors more frequently the last few weeks. It breaks my heart when she has these, because there is really nothing I can do to prevent them or to calm her down immediately. So, I lay with her and hold her close and try to be as comforting as possible for her. I wish I knew what was causing them lately, and if it is something I could prevent, I most certainly would. It is such a helpless place to be in as a parent, to not be able to bring immediate comfort and security to your child. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment