Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Am I Ready For This?!?!

I went and registered Ava for Pre-School. She had the pre-screening for Pre-K in February and I got the call in mid/late March from her soon to be teacher, that she was accepted into the Pre-K program and that registration was on April 20th at 9 a.m. As much as I thought I was ready for Ava to go off to pre-school for a couple of hours a day, I know emotionally I am not ready to let go of her just yet. Just thinking of her growing up so quickly, makes me want to hold on just a little longer. Parts of me want to home school her just to keep her close. I know she is excited to go, and it is only for a few hours a day come this fall, but she still just seems so little to be taking on such a big responsibility in her life. I did go on Monday and register her for Pre-K, and though the very end of August seems quite a bit away, I know it will pass by more quickly than I want it too and the day she goes off to school will be here before I know it. I sit here and really wonder where all the time has gone and how is it possible that it passes by so quickly. If I am this sad to see her go off for just a few hours a day, I am going to be a wreck when she goes to Kindergarten all day next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment