Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of Pre-K...

The first day of Pre-K for Ava is finally here. This time last year, I thought I would be ready for this day and it wouldn't be all that hard. I mean afterall, it is only for a few hours a day, five days a week. But oh my gosh, I was a mess this morning once she boarded the bus and then that little bus pulled away. There are no parenting books or advice from other parents that can prepare you for letting go and trusting others with this little being you've poured your heart and soul into for the last four years. When we went for the Pre-screening in February, August still felt like a long time away. But those 6 months literally flew by. No one could have prepared me for this feeling so alone and lost without her. Yes, I know it is only like 3 1/2 hours a day, but she is part of almost everything I do in my life and who for the last four years has been my main definition of just WHO I am. Today, I had to let go just a little and watch my little girl venture out into a world so big and brand new to her.

This is the Ni Hao Kai Lan backpack Ava picked out. She could have had any backpack she wanted and she picked this one. We are on our way to the bus stop!

Getting on the school bus for her first day of school. She just seems way to little to be doing this!

Lined up with the majority of her Pre-School class. Not one little kid had the same backpack. I found that kind of funny.

Lined up and ready to head inside for their first day of Pre-K.

And off they go on this brand new adventure in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment