Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten...

I have to say I have no idea how it is time to already send my baby to Kindergarten. This day came much too fast. And much quicker than I am even ready for. She seems too little to be taking on such a huge responsibility. I barely slept at all last night and was so weepy over my little girl starting this chapter in her life. I know she went to Pre-K last year and that was difficult to adjust to, but this is more than difficult, it is heart breaking and yet I know I have to let go and give her room to grow and become the person she is meant to be. For the last 5 years I have devoted my entire life to this amazing little girl.

Off to catch the bus. She was so excited to walk down to the bus stop. She didn't have an ounce of fear in her about today. Is this really my kid?!?!?!

Waiting at the bus stop. She was excited to see several of her friends at the bus stop. She was all smiles this morning. My heart was breaking but I put on a happy face for her. And took several pictures too. Though I am sure this moment will be imprinted on my heart and in my mind forever.

Ava and her two best friends walking across the street to the bus. Ava never even looked back she was so excited to go. She has been waiting for this day for months now. This is the moment when my heart truly broke. She was so sure and confident walking to the bus and yet I wanted to grab her up and run home and say forget all this stuff about school. We can wait another year.

But I didn't do that. I let her get on the bus and stood on the sidewalk waiting for my baby to wave to me out her school bus window. Ava waved bye excitedly from her seat on the bus. She was able to sit next to her best friend so maybe that made today easier for her. I can't wait to hear how her first day of school went. I hope she has an incredible year of Kindergarten and it is all we both hope for it to be. I love you Ava Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment