Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day...

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day really. I think it is an over-commercialized, over-hyped, holiday for companies looking to make a buck now days. I think that any day of the year is a great time to show those you love them and not with flowers, boxes of chocolates, fancy dinners, expensive jewelry, etc. But to show those we love with kind words, thoughtful gestures and caring attitudes. With that being said, there is one thing about Valentine's Day, the Brachs conversation Hearts.

This takes me back to when I was a very little girl and my Grandpa would always give my sister and me each a box of these candy hearts. My Mom even has a photo of my sister and me enjoying our candy hearts. So when I see these out in the store it brings back a fond memory of my Grandpa. And they had to be Brachs, not some generic version or some Sweetheart tart, whatever you call it heart shaped candies. BRACHS! Even as an adult I still like to eat one at a time, but before popping the candy in my mouth I read what is written on the heart. I sat down and did this with Ava tonight as we were eating our heart shaped candies. Some of the sentiments have changed like the one I had tonight that said LOL, but I hope that Ava one day has fond memories of her Brachs heart shaped candies, just like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment