Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reading is FUN-DA-MENTAL...

Often times I find it quite amusing the books Ava picks out from her school library. When she comes home with a Disney Princess book, that is to be expected and doesn't surprise me at all. But often times she comes home with books and I have to wonder why she picked that particular book.

She is only 5 years old so it must be the cover of a book that draws her attention to it. But this cover? I mean the lady has some hair that looks like a queen from the 1700 and early 1800's would wear. And a pig...ummmm hog on the front. She likes the movie Charlotte's Web but she doesn't have an obsession with the movie.

But hey whatever gets her to read I am ok with that...well as long as it is kid friendly of course. She needed some help with this book, but by the last several pages she was doing great on her own. It amazes me to watch her sound out words and string the words together in sentences when she is reading. It also amazes me at how far she has come in just the last 4 1/2 - 5 months since starting Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment