Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Give Up....

eating out! Well at least for the next 40 days anyway. I have never observed Lent before. Actually I am not even Catholic. But I figure why not give it a try. I don't really know the whole meaning behind Lent, other than the sacrifice part of it. I get that but during these next 40 days I probably should familiarize myself a bit more with what Lent is all about. So I am sure Wikipedia will be my go to resource as I take on this challenge and see if I can actually do this. For as hectic as my life can be or days that are just super stressful and the last thing I want to do is plan or cook dinner, this is a pretty big challenge for me. But since Jesus did sacrifice his life for me, I think I can forgo McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Arby's, Cheddar's, Cracker Barrel, Panera Bread, Sakura, Carlos O'Kelly's....eek!

This just means I have to be more diligent. I have to plan my meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It isn't that I loathe cooking...well most days anyway, but it is easier to grab something on the go or to go to a restaurant and be waited on. That also means no dishes and messes to clean up either. However the flip side of eating out is that it can really cut into the finances too. So after these forty days are up I might see a bit more money in my bank account and that would definitely be an added bonus. Plus, I look forward to Ava spending some time doing a little cooking with me as well. Which will be some nice Mommy and Daughter time. Well I better go look in the freezer and see what is for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment