Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding a Little Sunshine...

Even if it is with a handful of dandelions. Ava loves to pick me "flowers". Usually by the time the flowers make it inside they are pretty much wilted already from being clamped into her sweaty little palms, but I think that just makes them even more special.

I love that when she sees flowers (or weeds that look like flowers) she thinks of me and how she needs to pick as many as possible to give to me. If that isn't the pure love from your child then I do not know what is. It is in these moments I think God is telling me that he loves me this much, that he gave me this incredible blessing of a little girl. Every single day I feel blessed to be Ava's Mom. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her in my life. She is the best gift I could ever have been given. She is my joy every day even when the sun refuses to come out from behind the clouds.

She melts my heart with how giving her little heart already is! I am blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment