Sunday, April 24, 2011

What?!?!? I made it!

47 days of no eating out for anything. Unbelievable! And actually it has been a little more than that since we didn't eat out a few days leading up to it. I have to admit, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The last couple days were a bit rough just like the first few, but nothing that I couldn't handle with my focus being on God and the sacrifices Jesus made for me. Initially we were planning on eating out for Easter, but I really didn't feel like doing it. So today I spent my time cooking and preparing for Easter dinner at my house with my sister and her family, my brother and his family, and my Mom and Step-Dad. We ended up cooking out on the grill (not a traditional Easter dinner), but it was so yummy! And the rain even managed to hold off too. Now that I can "officially" eat out again I don't feel this huge need. Funny how that works out. We will be eating out one day this week just so I can have a day "off" but I think I have broken a bad habit. Who would have thought that at the end of these 47+ days McDonald's french fries wouldn't be calling my name. lol Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment