Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

Well the Illini won their bowl game yesterday, so that made the end to 2011 a bit nicer and the Chicago Bears won their last game of the season today, as well. We won't be heading into the playoffs this season, but at least we won our last game. Looking forward to some more bowl games over the next couple days. Like Ohio State losing to Florida (even though I don't care much for Florida either) and Michigan hopefully winning their bowl game on Tuesday. Go Blue! Wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin win the Rose Bowl too, for another Big Ten bowl win.

I didn't wake up with a hangover or party like it's 1999. I spent the evening watching movies and hanging out with my 6 year old and my 13 year old nephew. A very low key New Year's Eve here. The highlight of our New Year's was lighting sparklers outside at midnight and listening to people whooping it up outside and letting off fireworks. I must be getting older since low-key kind of New Year's are what I prefer now days! The thought of waking up with a hangover just doesn't sound all that fun. lol

Here is to hoping 2012 is wonderful to all of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment