Thursday, January 12, 2012

If we're going to get snow...

any kind of snow at all, and freezing cold temperatures, might as well make the best of it. Today we finally managed to get some snow for this winter. We had some flurries that amounted to about oh let's say nothing back in December, and for the most part this winter has been quite mild. In fact, it was in the mid 50's just the other day. That is the kind of winter I don't mind at all, but if we are going to get some snow and cold weather why not try to get some cool winter photos.

This barn is about 5-7 minutes from where I live...and no I do not live out in the country, but it is a perk of living on the outskirts of town. The wind today was brutal so for this shot I most certainly stayed in my car all warm and toasty. -4 degree weather is definitely not to my liking. :)

And I have no real reason for liking old fence posts, but I do. The wind was quite fierce and if I look closely at this photo, I can see it blowing sideways in this photo. This photo was also taken from inside my warm and comfortable car...though not much fun when you roll down the window and are blasted in the face with cold air and snow. Definitely worth it though, since I really really love this picture. The barn is pretty awesome as well, but if I had to choose, I'd definitely pick the fence post.

Snowflake pictures were quite hard to get today overall though because the wind and the cold were bone chilling and trying to stand still and have a steady hand was virtually impossible. Will have to see what tomorrow brings though.

No comments:

Post a Comment