Friday, March 30, 2012

Gettysburg, PA

This is the 2nd time I've been able to spend a little time in Gettysburg, this time seeing a different part of this historic town.  Every time I visit here I am just more and more amazed.  This is a place I really would like to come back and visit when I have at least 3-5 days to spend here.  However, this was not the trip I'd be able to do that.  But definitely one day soon  There is just so much to see and experience here.  I did want to make sure that Kylar at least was able to visit here while we were in Pennsylvania.  


He is very much into history and the military and I thought he would enjoy Gettysburg just like I do.  Hopefully I will be able to bring him back to visit the next time I come back.


This is Ava's 2nd time here as well, but the first time she was here she was only one...so really this is her first real experience as well.  We even ate at the same restaurant we ate at when she was 1.  It was neat to be able to bring her back almost 6 years later.  


It was quite rainy on this day we were here but we still got out of the car several times to get some pictures.  Kylar really found these statues and plaques quite interesting.  


I even let Ava use my point and shoot little digital camera to take pictures of the things she thought were neat while visiting here.  


She was fascinated by everything here.  I can only hope she enjoys history as much as I do.  I hope that is one thing we will hold in common as she gets older.  


This is one of my favorite photos I took during this visit.  I know I have several more I could edit, but amazingly I didn't take nearly as many photos as I did the last time I visited.  I was more into watching Kylar and Ava experience Gettysburg.  I feel humbled and honored to not only walk on the very ground that many people lost their lives on for my freedom, but I feel very blessed at the sacrifices our military men and women, past, present and future make for me every day.  When you stand on the very soil where a war was fought, you cannot help but feel the strength of this country and what it truly means to be an American and you feel a sense of pride and honor in being an American.  

No comments:

Post a Comment