Saturday, May 5, 2012

Super Moon...

or something like that they are calling it.  All I know is it was quite incredible.  Worth stepping outside to take it in, after all it isn't something you see every day or every month even.  

I decided it was worth more than just a look.  I've never tried to really photograph the moon.  Sure I've snapped some photos from the phone or my little point and shoot camera, but it never does the moon true justice. So tonight I decided to give it a try with the DSLR that I've had for like 4 or 5 years.  Night time photography isn't something I do often.  


I set up the tripod even.  Anyone that knows me well, knows I am not a fan of using a tripod, but I am slowing coming around to using it occasionally.  This was one of those occasions a tripod is useful.  These photos do not even do the moon justice for how truly amazing it was.  Though not bad for a first timer taking real photos of the moon.  I will definitely have to venture out again sometime.  And Ava had fun listening to music and dancing while I was busy taking pictures nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment