Saturday, July 28, 2012

Until We Meet Again...

In Loving Memory of my Step-Dad Dan
October 2, 1960 - July 16, 2012


Gone way too soon.  I know it is all in God's plan and I know you are not suffering, but it doesn't make the pain of losing you any less.  You seemed invincible and are one of the strongest, kindest, most caring men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and having in my life for almost 20 years.  The time doesn't seem nearly long enough and almost two weeks later I still cannot wrap my mind around you not being here.  I want to sit another place at the table for you or to get another text message or voice mail or to hear the excitement in your voice as you say Ava's name every day when you would see her running over to your house.  


Thank you for loving Lori, Ryan, and me as if we were your own.  For being an important part of our lives from the very beginning.  You were a brave man to date a woman with teenagers and being there for us as a Dad would be as we grew into adults and became parents ourselves.  Thank you for loving my Mom with all that you had each and every day.  Even when the days were difficult and the road you traveled was often times not always so easy.  Watching you with my Mom, I know your love for each other grew for one another every single day.  You showed with your actions that you are an honorable man who was completely committed to my Mom and the vows you took as you stood in front of God.  You loved my Mom through her illness with Alzheimer's, never giving up on her and holding out hope for a cure or something that could hep bring back the love of your life to you.  Your commitment to her never went unnoticed by her children. Thank you for standing beside her, when often times others would have opted out.   You have been the most amazing Poppy that Kylar, Austin, Jordan, Alyssa, Ava, & Olivia could have ever had.  You made each of them feel like they were truly treasured, and I know you adored being their Poppy and I know you treasured each of them.  You will remain in their hearts forever and in their eyes no Poppy is more special and amazing than you.  Thank you for showing them the love that you have.  It is something they will carry with them always.


Thank you for almost 20 years of memories Dan.  We love you and one day we will see you again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment