Monday, August 20, 2012

Back To School...

Many parents are probably singing the song "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"...but not me.  This is my least favorite time of the year.  Maybe it's because I only have one child and she did only just turn 7.  I might change my tune if I had more than one child and someday when she hits the teen years.  Maybe then I will be looking forward to when school goes back.  


Today though, BTS makes me sad.  Granted I am glad she looks forward to going back and she has an amazing teacher again this year, so that does make it easier.  I just cannot believe I already have a 2nd grader.  The time passes quickly for sure.  I hope she has a wonderful first day of school.   

2 comments:

  1. I never liked when the kids went back to school. I cherished the lazy summer days with them. I love that they weren't stressed about homework or school projects, there was no busy schedule we had to keep. Are you counting down the days to Thanksgiving break? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already put in my calendar on my phone all the days she has off from school. :) The first thing I looked at when I got her planner from school, was what the tentative last day of school would be, barring no snow days or anything like that. lol The one enjoyable thing though with school being back in session...no TV on most of the day. I rarely watch TV and so the peace and quite is nice or just listening to music instead...but no Nick Jr. or Disney channel...woo hoo! :) lol

      Delete