Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Picture Day Means Photo Shoot for Mommy..

Yesterday Ava had her school photos at school.  That afternoon I was tossing around some ideas for photos I'd like to take a shot at.  So in the evening I decided we'd head out and do some pictures.  We were actually driving around out in the country trying to find some spots without too direct of sunlight for the time being and came across this awesome blue barn/building.  Perfection.  So we backed up, stopped the car and jumped out to explore a bit.

Decided to bring along a small decorative suitcase for this session.  Playing around with some props sounded like a good idea.  It was the perfect size to rest on.  She was quite a trooper because there were quite a few crickets and bugs out this evening.


This was one of her poses she did all on her own.  Right before she did this pose, she was talking about the clouds in the sky and telling me that, "Poppy makes them for us".  Talk about melt my heart.  


Then she closed her eyes and was just taking in the moment.  I wonder if she was able to feel the love of her Poppy.  We both miss him so much.  Our days still do not feel quite the same without him here.


A little bit later she was being silly and jumping and running around.  I asked her how would she like to pose.  This is so her!  Kissy face and all.  Man I love this girl.  :)


A little bit later we traveled down some more roads and came across this road.  We parked and dragged out the suitcase again and she took off walking down the road.  Love the signs in the background too.  Then she plopped the suitcase down and took a seat.  

 

Then of course holding the suitcase as if she is going on a journey.  Though with the start of 2nd grade we are definitely embarking on a whole new school year and a brand new journey.  :)


I love her smile in this one.  She is definitely a natural.  :)


What books are in this suitcase!  Oh my oh my!  The Cat in The Hat! There's no doubt about that.  I told her to look excited to be reading the book and this is the pose I got.  She looks like my Mom in this photo when my Mom was a little girl.  Never saw my Mom in Ava before and really hadn't until my sister pointed it out to me.  And I definitely see it.  :)


Our last stop was something I've wanted to do for quite some time.  Railroad track pictures.  By this time the sun was quite low in the sky so I didn't get all the photos I wanted, but these make for a good starting point and I definitely look forward to taking some more again soon of her on and near a set of railroad tracks.  


This is my favorite photo from the railroad tracks.  Every day I am so amazed by this girl.  She is beautiful inside and out and honestly I cannot believe how blessed I am to have her as my daughter.  Thank you God for all the blessings I have in my life, and especially for this little girl right here!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Mandi!! These photos are so beautiful! You have one amazing daughter. She is truly a blessing and gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! :) I was so pleased with how they turned out. I definitely am so blessed to have her not only in my life, but as my daughter. God has definitely smiled down on me for sure. :)

      Delete