Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Subway Art...

I am always on Pinterest and I always see Subway Art created for holidays, seasons, quotes, etc. and I love it.  Seriously I do.  So I thought I'd try my hand at creating something of my own.

Procrastination is what I am actually doing today.  I have things on my to-do list that are quite long, but then I decided I'd play around for awhile in Photoshop.  I wanted to create some "Subway Art" for Ava's room for awhile now, but just haven't had the time.  Granted this wasn't at the top of my to-do list, but it was on there, even if it was near the bottom of my list.  :)  I wanted to create a list of some of the positive characteristic traits that she has.  I also wanted something she could see every day and I think this is just one creative way to reinforce those traits to continue to help build her self-esteem as she gets older. 

Not that you can't read for yourself the traits in the photo above, but here is a list of them below:
  • Independent
  • One of a Kind
  • Bright
  • Inspired
  • Charismatic
  • Forgiving
  • Sensitive
  • Happy
  • Energetic
  • Caring
  • Respectful
  • Ambitious
  • Self-Confident
  • Honorable
  • Enthusiastic
  • Courageous
  • Driven
  • Funny
  • Loving
  • Sincere
  • Dedicated
  • Beautiful Inside and Out
  • Brave
  • Strong
  • Creative

I think it turned out wonderfully.  Now all I have to do is get it printed and framed. Oh and then hung up on the wall in her bedroom.  I had to remove some from my list to fit it all nicely, but I think this describes so much of who she is.  Makes me one very proud Mom.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! What an awesome idea and such a great reminder for her on those days that she might need a confidence boost. Looking forward to seeing it framed! Have you picked out a frame that you are going to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! :) I need to go to Hobby Lobby soon to pick out a frame. I am trying to decide if I want to mat the print and then frame it...if I do that then I need to decide on the size frame and mat I want to go with. I think I want it to be pretty big overall. Not take up a whole bedroom wall or anything, but I want it to really stand out in her room. I think I will be going with a black frame for it. :)

      Delete