Monday, September 17, 2012

A Great Weekend...

for Ava and me.  :)  It was very much needed too.  It was low-key, but fun.  I posted a blog below showing off our Friday.  We had one of Ava's best friends over for a sleepover on Friday night.  We took some time to head to the local annual Arts in the Park.  Then, we walked over to Del's Popcorn Shop so the girls could fill up on sugary treats and some delicious popcorn.  Then, we came home and I put a pizza in the oven, while the girls played with all of Ava's Lego Friends.  After that, the girls played house for quite some time until it was time to call it a night.

Saturday I was up early (too early), and the girls were soon to follow.  We had breakfast and the girls were back to playing for awhile.  They played with sidewalk chalk, rode scooters, played grocery store, and pretended to be chefs, along with playing house and lego friends again.  I watched the Illinois game and was happy to see them win, even if it wasn't a top ranked school...a win is a win and hopefully the wins will pile up so we can get to another bowl game this year.  Michigan won as well, and that made me happy too.  :)  Would have been nice if Ohio State would have lost their game.  lol  After the Illinois game was over, we met up with Natalie's Mom, sister, and brother at a nearby Pumpkin Patch.  

The kids had a blast playing at the Pumpkin Patch.  They were even treated to some Pumpkin ice cream.  Neither Ava or I have had it before and I tried a bit of Ava's.  It was delicious.  :)  Ava wasn't up for doing the "haunted house" there. It isn't even scary, but I guess to a kid it might be.  lol  After we left the Pumpkin Patch we came home, had dinner, Ava played outside for a bit and rode her scooter, and then we watched the Smurf's.  

Sunday we had a lazy day.  I edited pictures and watched some football.  Ava played Lego's (can you tell she likes Lego's), we practiced her new spelling words for this week and worked on some math problems as well.  Then Ava fell asleep on the sofa for a nap.  This weekend must have worn her out. Later on in the afternoon, she played outside some, then it was time for her bath and some reading before bed.  The weekends seem to go by so quickly now that school is back in session. I'll hopefully get around to posting some photos from our trip to the little Pumpkin Patch we visited on Saturday later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the girls had an excellent weekend!! I'll look forward to seeing the Pumpkin Patch photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri! They girls definitely did. It was very much needed for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember times like that when my 3 were still little...Mom needed a break! Looking forward to the pictures from the weekend. My UT Vols lost to Fla., and that is a "biggie" in the SEC. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete