Friday, September 7, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Casserole...Yum!

I love a recipe that can go in the crockpot.  I really and truly do.  I make dinner because well we have to eat, but cooking does not top my list of favorite things to do.  Which would explain why I like a recipe I can throw the ingredients into a crockpot and let it do almost all the work for me.  :)


Today I was feeling like making some crockpot chicken "casserole".  And it's only 5 ingredients.

  • 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you can always add a few more pieces of chicken if you have a larger family)
  • 2 Family size cans of Cream of Chicken
  • 8 oz. of Cream Cheese, softened
  • 16 oz. Sour Cream
  • Pepper, to taste
Pour in cream of chicken, cream cheese, sour cream and pepper, mix together.  Add chicken.  Put the lid on the crockpot and turn it on to cook for 6-8 hours.  Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes and your choice of vegetable. 

Reduced fat sour cream and reduced fat cream cheese work well to make this meal a little bit healthier.   Also if you are not a fan of gravy on your potatoes or rice, you can always use 1 can of cream of chicken, 1/2 bar of cream cheese, and 8 oz. of sour cream instead.  Super easy and yummy.  Ava loves this meal and any time I've served it to guests they always want the recipe and it gets great reviews.  Oh and I don't add salt because I think the cream of chicken gives it enough.  But we love some pepper on our food.  Feel free to add a dash of salt if you think it needs it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment