Thursday, September 13, 2012

Movie Review: Good Deeds

Good Deed a movie by Tyler Perry, starring Tyler Perry as well.  It had a stellar list of actors and actresses including Gabrielle Union, Phylicia Rashad, and Thandie Newton.  


The story line is essentially about a man (Tyler Perry) who is following in his father's footsteps.  He is a successful CEO and he is living out the life his parents have groomed him for, but it isn't the life he really wants to live.  He lives a very predictable life though because it is what he is used too.  Then he meets a down on her luck woman (Thandie Newton) who is a single Mom and she is facing a lot of struggles in her life.  She works for the company he owns as a janitor and the develop a friendship between the two of them. I don't want to give away too much more of the movie though. 

Overall, I liked the movie.  It has a pretty good story line.  I wouldn't give it 5 out of 5 stars, but 4 stars out of 5 I'd say overall. Especially, after watching the movie and kind of reflecting on what the movies message really is all about.  Life your life, you only have this one chance to really live it, so make the most of it.  

It's a pretty serious movie, that has a deeper message then to just evoke laughter.  There are a few funny parts,but overall, it is a more intense movie that is meant to dig deeper in a person and to make them look more closely at the life they are living right now.   Check out the trailer above to see a quick preview of the movie. I rented this movie from the Redbox, so check out your local Redbox to rent it.  Well worth the $1.20 that I spent renting this movie.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Mandi! I've written it down to remember (I have to make lists!). Wishing you a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Terri. :) I sat down the other day and was watching several movie trailers just to see if I could find some I like. So far I've found some good ones overall. I hope your day is good as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks, for the review! Sounds good! What movie is next on your list? Have a great weekend. Do you and Ava have anything planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the movie "A Little Bit of Heaven". Will post a review on it this weekend hopefully. :) I need to look at the list of movies available at the Redbox near us. Ava is wanting to watch The Lorax so I might see if they have that one. Not sure though because we do have a pretty full weekend. Ava has one of her best friends sleeping over tonight and we are going to an art festival. Football tomorrow during the day, and then a picnic later in the afternoon. Sunday a little football probably and then some sorting and cleaning out Ava's clothes and toys. Fun fun. lol

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a fun weekend! GO SPARTANS and LIONS!!

      Delete