Friday, September 21, 2012

Movie Review: A Little Bit of Heaven

I watched the movie trailer for this and I thought well this movie looks like it should be kind of good.  It sounds like it has a pretty good cast of characters with Kate Hudson, Kathy Bates, and Whoopi Goldberg. So I decided to rent it from of course, the Redbox.


Let me just say, I loved it.  I wanted to watch it again, I thought it was that good.  It's funny and it is also sad, but most of all it is touching and very moving.  Kate Hudson plays Marley who is very successful in her career, but she has a funny carefree personality.  She has a great group of friends but has never been in love.  She finds out she has cancer early in the movie and it unfolds from there.Kathy Bates plays her mother in the movie and I think as any Mom would do, she struggles with her daughter having cancer, but she tries to help take care of Marley and to just mother her.  They classify this movie as a romantic comedy and it is that, but I think it is a drama as well. 

If your life has been touched by cancer on a personal level, be it you or someone you know and love, it will bring on the tears for sure.  For me it hits close to home having an Aunt who has cancer and has been battling it for the last 2 1/2 years so far.  As a Mom, I hope and pray I will never have to watch my daughter go through something like this, but we know Cancer does not discriminate, it can effect anyone, at any age.  I would say if you like Kate Hudson in movies you will not be disappointed with her in this one.  Check out the trailer to the movie above.  It really doesn't do the movie justice though.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I am a cancer survivor. I like Kate Hudson, so will write this one down to catch when I can. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really good movie. I have been blessed not to have cancer in my family, but my heart does go out to those that do. Thanks for the suggestion and I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm a new follower from MBC and would love a follow back at www.sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and on Pinterest. I follow all of my Pinterest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kate Hudson and I have had many close people in my life who have battled cancer. Putting this one on my to watch list! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete