Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What To Expect When You're Expecting...

I wasn't able to catch this movie when it was out at the movie theater, but I've been stalking the Redbox for it's release for some time now.  Finally, it came out yesterday.  So of course I reserved it right away and picked it up later in the evening.   



Not sure what my deal is lately with wanting to watch some movies in the evening, but it is a nice way to relax.  Maybe it is because we are coming into a more relaxed time of the year and the evenings are turning cooler.  After, Ava went to bed, I put in the DVD (not trendy or cool enough yet to upgrade to the Blu-Ray).  I'd seen the previews for this movie several times and on a scale of 1-5 (5 being awesome), I'd give it a 4.  There were sad parts, funny parts, and moments that any Mom can relate too.  It was another movie where I laughed and cried.  

Chris Rock is always his funny self.  Loved the Dad group and the things they talked about.  They act all big and bad, but inside their hearts belong to their little ones.  And as a woman who couldn't relate to at least one or more of the stories during their pregnancy(ies).  There were several story lines going on in this movie, but then again no two pregnancies or the struggle for those trying to have children are the exact same.  I'd watch it again if I had time, but I have another movie I'd like to get a chance to watch today.  Oh yes, that's right I am going to try to watch a movie in the middle of the day.  I have a million things to do on my list of things to do this week, but I am going to sneak in a little bit more "me" time.  If you haven't seen this movie yet, put it on your list of movies to watch. :)

2 comments:

  1. Keep those movie reviews coming! I never know what to rent when I go the video store so I am really enjoying having some suggestions:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe and I enjoy movies all the time. We have a Roku device, and streaming Netflix. The wait is longer for newly released titles, but we enjoy it. When we just can't wait, we order through "on demand". I'll have to watch for this one. I agree with Kris - keep the reviews coming!!

    ReplyDelete