Monday, September 17, 2012

What's On The Menu?

This week we have a more normal week, which as of right now means not nearly as busy as this past week.  Ava still has her art class this week, but no girl scouts, so that is nice.  She does have two birthday parties though.  One is a sleepover with one of her best friends on Friday and then Sunday she gets to go to another birthday party of one of her other best friends and that one is at the zoo.  I have a photo session to do on Saturday and it will be pretty late in the evening when I am done, so we will probably just grab Subway.  The weather is supposed to be a bit cooler this week so I think I'll make some chicken noodles in my crockpot.  Ava loves taking them to school in her lunch too.  

  • Monday - Chicken Noodles, mashed potatoes, and corn
  • Tuesday- Chipped Beef & Gravy, served over Texas Toast and vegetable
  • Wednesday - Ham & Turkey Club Sandwiches, waffle fries, and salad
  • Thursday - Mesquite Chicken, Parmesan noodles , and  vegetable
  • Friday - something easy or else opt for some leftovers
  • Saturday - Subway since I have a photo session to do
  • Sunday - Fend for yourself night.  :)

I kind of like how my week looks for meal planning this week. lol I actually get a couple nights off.  So what's on your menu this week?

6 comments:

  1. Your menu looks really yummy! You should add a recipe tab on your page and start sharing some of these recipes with us! Here is my menu this week:

    Monday: Wimpies (small beef patties with cream of mushroom soup and egg noodles)

    Tuesday: Spaghetti

    Wednesday: no cooking because it is our 25th anniversary:)

    Thursday: Sauerkraut & kielbasa

    Friday: We usually go out but if the kids are going to be home we will probably order a pizza.

    Saturday: Dinner with our friends Bill and Pat

    Sunday: Hot Dogs at the Tiger Game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I am such a bad recipe giver...if it is one of my recipes I never measure. lol Though for ones I find and follow the recipe I can definitely post those. Your meal plan sounds good for the week. :) Especially the nights you don't have to cook. lol

      Delete
  2. I wish I had started, years ago, making weekly menus, but didnt, and now it is whatever my mind wants. Actually, my Jim is the cook....I dont like to at all, but do like to eat! Your busy week sounds a lot like mine tho! I have 6 grandchildren, and all are very active and I help taxi them to and from sports, school or whatever I am needed for...hope your week ahead goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the summer I rarely follow a meal plan. Love the carefree days of summer and often times it is grilling out with family or friends. If I don't plan at least some sort of meal plan then we tend to eat out more than we should. lol It sounds like your 6 grandchildren keep you busy. I only have one and she has me running more and more all the time. Seems like we are always on the go. I hope your week goes great. It is so wonderful you are able to help with your six grandchildren. :)

      Delete
  3. A weekly menu makes so much sense, but it would last about two days with us. First of all, with just two of us, we eat out more than we should - two or three times a week. I buy food, thinking I'll make this or that, and then it sits in the fridge or cupboard because we went out instead. Joe is a little bit picky, having grown up in a very Italian household with everything homemade, or fresh from his dad's meat market. It's just easier to go out. That's also why my backside is bigger than it should be! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Terri, it did take us a bit to get into it a few years ago. I am a planner by nature, but when it came to meals I really lacked when it came to planning those. It makes going to the grocery store a lot easier though. :) I know what you mean about going to the store and thinking oh I'll make this or that, but then when it comes to it I am either not in the mood for that. I do "assign" days to what I am going to make, but that doesn't always happen on those days. Sometimes I decide to go with something else. I do still buy things at the store that sound good at the time. lol I just try to make sure it gets used before it expires. :) Have a blessed week as well.

      Delete