Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dan....

Happy Birthday Dan! 
Wishing you the happiest of birthday's celebrating in heaven with your loved ones.  I know it is quite the celebration for you up there.  In our hearts we know that, but it doesn't stop us from missing you all the same.  I most definitely will miss making you a birthday dinner this year.  It doesn't feel right not planning on having you over for dinner.  Our table just feels empty at dinner time these last couple of months.  I hope you are enjoying one heck of a feast though in heaven.  :)

Ava has been asking to send balloons to you on your birthday so we will be visiting your resting place today.  She has already written the note we will be attaching to the balloon.  I told her you would get them since these balloons will reach you up in heaven.  It made her smile and so excited.  

Thank you Dan for almost 20 years of wonderful memories.  For loving us. For loving our Mom. For loving our children.  Thank you for allowing us into your heart.  It has been some of the very best years of my life.  One day we will all celebrate together again.  Wishing you the happiest birthday ever.  You may be in a better place, but you will never be forgotten in our lives while we remain here on earth.  We love you!

I know if Ava could give you anything on your birthday it would be a big giant hug.  We miss and love you so very much.  Thank you for the memories all these years.


7 comments:

  1. It is a bitter sweet day for you and Ava. I love the balloon release, and hope it can help release the pain within your heart as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. It truly was a nice thing to do to celebrate the life of my Step-Dad and all of his Grandchildren really enjoyed being able to do that.

      Delete
  2. Hugs for you all. A beautiful tribute. Please let us know how the balloon release goes. It's a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I am getting ready to upload the pictures from yesterday to my laptop, so I am hoping at least a couple turned out. Will be posting a blog on that soon.

      Delete
  3. That was a beautiful tribute!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandi, I am sitting here this morning crying as I read this. What a beautiful tribute to your step dad! I know how special and loved he was. He sounded like such a beautiful person. (((Hugs))) to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! He was so loved...and IS so loved. He was one of the most patient and kind people you could ever hope to meet. He would give us all the world if he could.

      Delete