Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Day of Thanks - Day 3

I am thankful for Football.



Trivial. Eh. Maybe. But it is something I look forward to every weekend during the fall/early winter months.  The week my favorite teams have a bye week make me a bit sad.  But I'll just end up watching another game, from another team and look forward to their return the following week.  And yes, I still look forward to the game even if my team is having a poor season.  Always hopeful we can pull out a win or the next season is better.  In this house, we follow the Big Ten for college football, except for "THE OHIO STATE".  I am all for any team beating them, at any time.  lol  Our favorite team of course is The Fighting Illini with The Michigan Wolverines following a close second.  As for the Pros, hands down we are Chicago Bears fans and absolutely not Packers fans at all.  So, today I am thankful for a weekend of football and the occasional Monday Night Football game that I catch on TV.  

5 comments:

  1. We are the same way about football here in our house. Our UT VOLS are pitaful but we love them anyway. I am a Denver Bronc, NY Giants and now and then, Tenn. Titans fan! Peyton and Eli Manning are my favs as QB's, so wherever they play, I am for that team...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Peyton Manning. I think the Colts were a bit shady on their release of him overall, but I guess that's just all part of the game. As for the Titans all I can say is that well at least they had points on the scoreboard yesterday against my Chicago Bears. lol :) Glad to see my Bears pull out a win even if the game wasn't always pretty.

      Delete
  2. I am not a football fan, but AM from Ohio, with a nephew at THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY. LOL I guess I have to cheer for the Buckeyes when they are playing. Sorry! I am an Eagles fan, by marriage. When Joe is happy, I'm happy. I do like hockey (none this year), though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Terri. :) I have a cousin who is a die hard Ohio State fan and we tease each other all the time back and forth. And when the Michigan/Ohio State game is on we really talk crap to each other. This past year I came across a photo of him when he was little and he was wearing a Michigan sweatshirt, so I have been holding onto that photo to post on his Facebook on game day when Michigan/Ohio meet up this month. lol He doesn't even know i have the photo which makes it even better. :) I have to admit I do kind of like the Eagles overall. Just depends on who they are playing.

      Delete
  3. You know that I totally get this one! LOL. Baseball and Football are truly loved in this house..GO TIGERS, GO LIONS, and GO SPARTANS!!

    ReplyDelete