Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Day of Thanks - Day 4

I am thankful for my Mom. 


When I think about my Mom I know I am extremely blessed that God chose her to be my Mom.  I know a lot of people think their Mom is pretty great and they have the best Mom ever, that is how I feel about my Mom. So here is a list of just a few things really as to why I am thankful for my Mom.

I am thankful for the sacrifices you made in your life for your children. 

I am thankful your love for God showed in your actions, and not just in your words.

I am thankful for your ability to love unconditionally and completely.

I am thankful for the days we spent together when I was a kid and it was just the two of us. 

I am thankful for teaching me what it is to be a Mom.  Not just a Mom, but a good Mom that is hands on and present in my child's life.

I am thankful for you loving me even when I was probably the most difficult child of yours to love at times, though Lori outdid me when she was a teenager.

I am thankful for your forgiveness for the times I messed up in life and you never holding my mistakes against me.

I am thankful for you taking us trick or treating as kids and you even dressing up with Aunt Jan so you guys could get candy too.

I am thankful for your wise words and advice that has carried me into adulthood. 

I am thankful you loved to take pictures and we have albums of photographs from our childhood. 

I am thankful for the "novels" you used to write in my birthday card every year and laugh when we joked about it saying mostly the same thing every year, but sometimes with more words and sometimes with less. 

I am thankful for your love of family and you sharing and passing on the importance of family to me.

I am thankful for your smile and for your laugh.  Your laugh was always so contagious.

I am thankful you always wore makeup to pick me up from pre-school.  (haha)

I am thankful for having a Mom that is beautiful inside and out.

I am thankful you were never ashamed or to upset or too tired to tell me you love me.

I am thankful for the late night talks we shared and our Oprah and Dr. Phil Moments :)

I am thankful for you letting me stay up late with you as a kid and we would go to the store or we would watch Inside Edition and spend time together.  I love those nights with you.

I am thankful for how you made me feel like the most important person in your life.

I am thankful for you never leaving my side and for always believing in me.

I am thankful you taught me to drive out on the country roads well before I had my drivers permit.

I am thankful for you being the best Nonny Ava could ever have.

I am thankful for every year going to see the Christmas lights in town.  Just me and you.  And I am so thankful we did that one last time last year.  It's a memory I will always hold close to my heart. 

I am thankful for the last 5 years of being able to care for you and to repay the favor of taking care of you for once since you always have looked out for me. 

I am thankful for the song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", and how you and I would sing that song and be so silly.  Especially when we got to the part "Bluebirds fly".  It makes me laugh even now just thinking about it.  :)

I am thankful above all else you are my Mom and no illness  can ever take that away. 


5 comments:

  1. What a special way to describe your Mom to those of us that dont know her. You are blessed to have had her as your Mom, and now you get to give back some of that same love to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I lost my mom in 1995. She was only 65. Cancer. And yes, I think she was the best mom ever!! Loved your tribute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I am sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom. 65 is much too young. My Mom was diagnosed in December 2007 at the age of 52 in the middle stage of Early Onset Alzheimer's. We are definitely blessed though to have such wonderful Mom's who helped shape us into the women that we are though. :)

      Delete
  3. Your post brought tears to my eye..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete