Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Day of Thanks - Day6

 
 
I am thankful for the right to vote.  To have my voice no matter how small, it can be heard.  It's something I do not take for granted.  It is also something so important to me that I pass onto my daughter.  We talk about the election and what it means.  I talk to her about why it is important for her to vote when the time comes.  I talk to her about even if your candidate doesn't win, your effort is never in vain.  I talk to her about supporting your country even if you have differing opinions and to be respectful of others.  I talk to her about if your candidate does win, that doesn't mean your fight to make positive changes is over.  Will there ever be a perfect candidate.  No.  Will you always agree 100% with those who are elected. No.  But the beauty of America is that we have the right to voice our opinions.  Take time to vote.  Let your voice be heard.  Democrat or Republican never forget that God has our back and this world we live in and the life we have is only temporary anyway.  :)  

3 comments: