Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 8

 

I am thankful for music. I listen to a little bit of everything.  Really.  I do.  Pop. Classic Rock. Rap. Hip Hop. Christian. Opera. Dance. Country. Alternative. R&B which is hands down my favorite.  I own well over 800 CD's.  Not that I buy CD's anymore now that the digital age as arrived and I can have music downloaded in mere seconds.  I cannot imagine how many more cd's I'd have if I didn't go digital several years ago.  I love the convenience of digital music.   


Music makes me happy.  It can make a bad mood turn into a good one.  There is a song for just about every life situation it seems.  Songs that can move my soul and bring me to tears to songs that can make me want to get up and dance.  Songs that bring back great memories of my teen years with my friends to songs that I sang with my Mom as a child.  Lyrics that speak to my heart.  The love of music is something I am happy that I've passed onto Ava.  She loves it almost as much as I do.  She is always singing.  Always.  She knows music too.  She can listen to just the beginning of a song and know the name and the artist in mere seconds.  Her playlist on her mp3 player is well over 400 songs and she is only 7. She listens to all kinds of music too.  From the latest billboard hits (non-explicit of course) to music from the Beatles, Queen,  Aerosmith, Ozzy Osbourne, Elton John and so many more. Music oh how you soothe my soul!  :) 

3 comments:

  1. Some of my earliest memories are of my mom singing along to the radio, as she worked around the house. The radio was always on, and those songs from the mid-50s always stir my soul and bring back memories of those days. Music is a wonderful thing to be thankful for! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music. It just does something that no other thing can do....the music at church sometimes teaches me more than the sermon; holiday music should be played all year long! I totally agree with you - Mr. Music soothes me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music does the same thing for me, Mandi! It makes everything a little better. I love putting on Spotify or Pandora on while I am cooking, folding clothes, cleaning house..etc..It makes a bad task go so much better!

    ReplyDelete