Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 9



I am thankful for challenges. Perhaps that may sound like a strange thing to be thankful for, but if I never faced any challenges in life, and if everything came easy, I'd never fully know my true depth and character.  I'd never really know what it means to be tested and to make it through to the "other side" so to speak.  I'd never know just how strong mentally, emotionally, and physically I am.  I'd never know just how strong my faith in God really is.  I'd never know the feeling of letting go, and letting God take over to carry me through the most difficult things I've faced in my life time. Challenges can bring you to your knees, but they can also lift you up and give you a sense of being proud of the things you've faced in life.  Challenges can allow you to achieve the things in life, you thought might be out of reach or things that seemed virtually impossible.  They can also make you think outside the box to achieve the things you want most in life.  They can shake you to your core.  Challenges, be them good or bad, build character.  They also build faith.  So for all the challenges I've faced, and for all the coming challenges I will face in the future, I am thankful. 

3 comments:

  1. You are so right! My daily prayers include being thankful for challenges and opportunities. I so agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Mandi! After I have gotten through a challenge in my life, I sit back and look at what happened and every time I find how it actually benefited me. God gives us these challenges for a reason, and we have to trust Him.

    ReplyDelete