Thursday, December 6, 2012

Kind Of Like A Chicken Quesadilla, But Not...

it's also kind of like an enchilada, but again, not.  I made most of it in the crockpot though, so it gets a thumbs up from me.  It's a total of 8 ingredients from start to finish.
  • Chicken Breasts Skinless Boneless (4-6)
  • 1 Sm. Can - Cream of Chicken
  • Quesadilla Seasoning
  • Cream Cheese
  • 1 Can Rotel 
  • Onions - as much or as little as you'd like  (optional) minced onion would work as well
  • Shredded Cheese - Any kind you prefer
  • Tortilla Shells
Top with whatever you like, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Black Olives, Green Onion, Salsa, Tomatoes, etc.

The ingredients I started with.  Chicken, Cream Cheese, Quesadilla seasoning, Cream of Chicken, and Chopped Onions.  And yes, the chicken was straight out of the freezer, still frozen.  

Mix the cream of chicken, cream cheese, onions, and quesadilla seasoning all together until nice and smooth like this. You could mix in the Rotel here if you'd like.  I didn't simply because Ava doesn't like that. 

Add a little bit of the quesadilla mixture to the bottom of the crockpot.   Add chicken, then top with the rest of the mixture.  Let it cook on low in your crockpot for 6-8 hours. 

Once it's cooked, remove chicken from crockpot and shred with fork.  I also then added about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of the Quesadilla sauce to my mixture to make it a little creamy, but not too creamy.  I set some of this aside for Ava.

And this is where the magic of the Rotel came in for me, for my meal.  I drained the Rotel in a strainer. 

Then added it to my chicken mixture. Look at that yumminess!  ;)  Ava doesn't know what she's missing. 

Then mixed it up nice and good.  Mmmmm!

And then it's time to make these babies up.  I scooped up some of the chicken mixture and spread it across one half of the tortilla shell, sprinkled some shredded cheese on top of the mixture, folded over, and placed in the oven at 375 degrees for about 5 minutes.  Then turned on my broiler and then broiled them for about a minute and a half.  Less or more time might be required on how your broiler works.  I just kept checking on mine.  You can also make these on a griddle or in a skillet if you want to cook  your tortilla that way.  Super yum made on the stove too.  :)

Top with a bit of the quesadilla cheese sauce left in your crockpot and topped with sour cream.  Seriously the added cheese sauce topping your "quesadilla" makes it even more delicous!  Guacamole would have been awesome with this too and I would have used some if I had any on hand, but clearly I didn't.  It was a huge hit for dinner and I will definitely be making this again.  :)  

Don't you love those recipes that are super easy to make and take such little effort!  This is definitely one of them.  And when they turn out even better than expected, that pretty much makes my day!  :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds quite yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It definitely was yummy! And super easy to make too. :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to make this! I love when I find recipes that the whole family will love. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think Kris when you make it. You could substitute the Rotel for Salsa even. It was really good and a huge hit for me and my sisters family. Plus, it was so easy to make. :)

      Delete