Monday, January 21, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII

Well in my ideal world this years Super Bowl would have been my beloved Chicago Bears.  They were close to a playoff game, but just not close enough.  Maybe next year.  Sad to see Lovie go, but hoping the new coach they hired might find a way to get us to where this team belongs this coming fall.  Fingers crossed.  :)

I was hoping to see a Falcons vs. Ravens Super Bowl.  The first half of the Falcons vs. 49ers game looked like it would be the Falcons in the Super Bowl for sure, but then the second half the Falcons just collapsed.  So the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl.  I was a little unsure the Ravens would defeat the Patriots.  I was hoping for a miracle and boy did the Ravens step it up and seal the deal for their return to the Super Bowl this year.  Thank goodness too, because if this was a 49ers vs. Patriots Super Bowl I could have cared less who wins or not.  Thankfully the Ravens gave me a team to actually cheer on in the Super Bowl.


I see a lot of animosity towards the Ravens, especially towards Ray Lewis.  Whatever the circumstances of the incident, I am not God.  I am not his judge.  It also may have been a wake up call for him to turn his life around and to take this second chance and to do right and live in a positive way.  For that I commend him.  He didn't throw away that second chance. I hope the Ravens pull out a win in the Super Bowl and that Ray Lewis can retire with another ring and the Ravens can end their season on top of the NFL.  Let's Go Ravens!

4 comments:

  1. Mandi....I want the Ravens to win so bad! I love Ray Lewis and I would love to see him end his career with a Super Bowl Championship! I can't stand the 49ers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the Ravens and seeing Ray Lewis end his career on such a high note on the grandest football stage of all. :)

      Delete
  2. We are pulling for the Ravens, too. One of our nieces lives in Baltimore, and is a huge Ravens fan. Ray Lewis is from Lakeland (where we live). One of my coworkers was in school with him. She says he really has turned himself around. I hope so! I'd like to see him and his team win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri it looks like we all have a vested interest in this game and all wanting the same team to win. :)

      Delete