Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cupcake Thief Birthday Card

Ava attended a birthday party for one of her friends this past weekend and that "inspired" me last week to sit down and make a card from start to finish.  I went pretty basic on this card overall.  

 Here is a close-up of the digital stamp by Mo Manning, from Mo's Digital Pencil.  This little mischief maker is called "Cupcake Thief" and I just love this stamp.  I colored her up using PrismaColor Pencils and OMS.  I colored her skin though with a Copic Marker.  Her hair is colored to match the little girls hair who this card now belongs too.  I added a touch of Stickles to the mask, wings and cupcakes to give it some sparkle, because what little girl doesn't like Sparkle on a card.  :)

The finished card.  I added some colorful buttons and some feathers for a touch of flair.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye.  The Sentiment is PC generated onto white card stock and the edges inked with Paris Pink from Memento.  The card was a huge hit with Ava and her friends.  Ava is always so proud of the cards she gives her friends and that makes me feel pretty darn good that it makes her so happy. 

1 comment:

  1. A true work of art. What a lucky girl to receive this card as part of her birthday celebration! I love it!

    ReplyDelete