Monday, March 11, 2013

Where For Art Thou Spring?!?!

I'm thinking the groundhog was wrong about an early spring. As of this coming Saturday we will be at 6 weeks since his prediction of an early spring and well it isn't feeling much like spring around here.  He has 5 more days to get a good talk in with Mother Nature about this weather we are having.  Granted we haven't had much snow this winter, but the temperatures have been winter like.  I did manage last week to get out and play around with some icicles.  No pretty snowflakes to speak of this year (bummer), but icicles are pretty cool to look at sometimes.  

Oh, I did catch this Cardinal jumping and flying branch to branch one morning last week after taking Ava down to the bus stop.  It kept jumping higher and higher in the tree, and since I didn't have my 300mm lens I had to make due with my regular lens.  I hope he (or she) is as sick of winter as I am.  I did love seeing this lovely Cardinal because, they hold a special meaning in my family.  

The sun did end up coming out for a bit to start slowly melting the little snow we had.  As the temperature dropped again and the sun decided to hide away for the rest of the day, we were left with some icicles.

 For some reason I find the different shapes and sizes icicles form to be kind of interesting. 

I didn't want to go in and get my tripod to shoot macro in manual mode, so I just hand held the camera in Auto Focus.  That's the lazy way of doing it.  But I was pretty impressed overall. 

 I love this shot because if you look in between the two longer icicles you see a little icicle ball.  The picture doesn't do it justice because it was a perfectly round icicle.  

More icicles....lots more.  

And last but not least, this photo.  There is just something about it that I really like.  Now hopefully we have a more snowy winter come November/December, but for now I am ready to start seeing buds on the trees and bushes and flowers sprouting up around us accented with lovely green grass.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, and the one with the cardinal is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Hope the weather warms up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Would have liked a more detailed shot but I'll take what I can get. Definitely hoping for warmer weather soon. :)

      Delete
  2. You captured some wonderful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! I'm with you..where the heck is spring? We walk up to more snow this morning. I think someone should fire that groundhog..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I'm ready for some spring photos with some color variations. :) I think they need to find a new groundhog. We are in the mid 50's today but back into the low 40's and upper 30's over the next week. Boo. Lol

      Delete