Monday, April 1, 2013

What's On The Menu?

A new week.  A new month to start.  I can't believe we are already 4 months into the year already.  Oh how time passes so quickly.  Ava's Spring Break has passed so fast this week.  It feels like we were on the go and so busy this past week. Today is her last day of Spring Break before school starts back tomorrow.  This just makes me so ready for Summer break and I am hoping these next 7 weeks pass by quickly.  My newest little niece arrived this past Friday at 11:25 a.m.  I will follow up with a post and a couple photos of her in another post either today or tomorrow.  I will say we are completely head over heels in love with her already.  She is truly a blessing and our family is so blessed.  Easter has now passed as well and we had a quiet and relaxing day at home.  It was nice to spend the last days of Ava's break together.  Yesterday, we received some sad news in regards to one of my Uncles who has been battling cancer the last several months, hospice has been called in last week and yesterday they said he has possibly 24-48 hours left.  He has lasted long enough to see both of his newest grandchildren be born (one in December and the other in late February).  We are so lucky for that.  He also saw his wife of 40 years celebrate her 60th birthday a month ago.  Our family has a strong faith and we know when God decides to call him home, we will be rejoined again in heaven.  Any prayers for our family during this time is appreciated.  Overall, I am keeping the week pretty open without a lot of things on the calendar since we don't know what our week will hold with my family. Hopefully this week I will hear from Ava's coach for the softball season to see when softball practice starts.  Should be here soon.  Ava is quite excited about that and I am too.  It's fun to watch her out there playing with her friends. Well here is this weeks menu for us:
  • Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, and vegetable
  • Italian Beef Sandwiches, hash brown casserole, and salad
  • Chicken Alfredo with broccoli and breadsticks
  • Monterey Chicken, garlic and rosemary smashed potatoes, and salad
  • Salisbury Steak, mashed potatoes, and vegetable
  • White Chicken Cheesy Enchiladas
Have a wonderful week ahead.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandi..I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. It's amazing that we were going through the same situation at almost the same time with our uncles. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris. It's pretty crazy how we are both going through the same thing...and for them both to share the same first name at that. My prayers are with you and your family during this time as well.

    ReplyDelete