Monday, April 15, 2013

What's On The Menu?

So sad to see the weekend end.  It was a great weekend overall for us.  Ava's first softball practice was cancelled on Friday due to the weather, but we had my niece over for a sleepover instead.  I got in lots of time holding my niece Aliyah this weekend too.  Which makes the weekend pretty darn great.  We went to my brother and sister-in-laws for dinner on Saturday night and the kids had a great time playing with each other.  Then Sunday we were at my sister's house.  She cooked on the grill for lunch.  The kids played.  My niece Olivia is learning to ride without training wheels.  She only needs you to hold the bike up long enough for her to get her balance and her feet on the pedals and she is good to go.  She doesn't go too far yet before stopping, but by the end of the week I think she is going to have it.  She keeps telling herself "I can do it, I can do it".  It's too cute!  We ended up even having dinner at my sisters house since we were there literally all day.  I ended up scraping more of the paint off her stone foundation as well yesterday, so hopefully in the next few weeks we can have it all scraped and painted.  lol  Wishful thinking, I think to have it done in the next few weeks.  This week we are supposed to have rain all week long.  Ava is supposed to have softball practice on Tuesday and Friday, but if the forecast holds true, it looks like both practices will be cancelled.  I hope we get in some practice time before our first game.  Eeek.  Not too much on the schedule this week.  Ava gets out of school early on Wednesday because it is mid-term for the quarter.  Can't believe we only have about 4 1/2 weeks of school left.  We are both excited about that.  My oldest brother's birthday is this week and he turns 38.Overall though a pretty laid back week, especially if our softball practices get cancelled.  Onto this weeks menu:
  • Italian Beef Sandwiches, Greek Salad, Hash brown casserole, and green beans
  • Grilled Turkey Sandwiches, baked seasoned french fries, fresh veggies and dip
  • Chicken Quesadillas and salsa and chips
  • Baked BBQ Chicken, pasta salad, fried potatoes, and corn on the cob
  • Pizza and salad
  • Bacon and Blue cheese burgers, macaroni & cheese, and salad
Enjoy your week ahead!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounded so nice! Here's hoping that they are wrong about the forecast! As always your menu sounds so yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend for you and Ava!! Your menu always sounds so good! I've yet to make myself plan that far ahead! Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete