Thursday, August 21, 2014

1st Day of School...Yesterday!

A new school year has officially started for us.  Yesterday was Ava's first day of 4th Grade.  


Customary 1st Day of School Photo


My sister and niece Olivia came by to see her on her 1st day.  Olivia started 1st Grade on Monday and Ava is now a 4th grader! 


And a view of her overstuffed new backpack!


And off she goes! I cannot get over how tall she looks here!  So grown up.  Off for a new adventure in 4th grade!  Where did my little girl go!?!?!

Honestly, I have to admit it makes me sad to see the summer end and a new school year begin.  It is all going by so fast watching her grow up.  I remember being in 4th grade myself.  To think I now have a 4th grader of my own.  Parents should be equipped with  a pause or rewind button when it comes to moments in our child's life.  The first and last day of school always seem like the longest days ever though.  Yesterday dragged on for me to get to 3 o'clock when I could pick her up from school.  Then once the bell rang for the end of the school day, and she was in the car, the evening flew by until it was time for her to go to bed.  I definitely missed her yesterday.  However, I am glad to say she had a wonderful first day of school.  She said her teacher is funny, nice, and she loves her!  And she really emphasized the loves her teacher party!  :)  So here is to looking forward to a great year of 4th grade!  

No comments:

Post a Comment