Friday, August 15, 2014

If Only In My Dreams

I don't often talk about my Mom on my blog but sometimes something happens in life where you feel moved to share it.  Today is one of those days.

This week Ava and I both celebrated our birthdays.  Ava's was on Tuesday and mine was Wednesday.  Well last night Ava has cheer practice.  While she was gone, I decided I'd take a short nap after having been up since 3:30 a.m. It is a nap that actually turned into quite a gift for me and a nap I am glad I took.  

When it comes to certain dreams, I fully believe when a loved one passes or a loved one can no longer communicate with us, such as my Mom in her final stages of Alzheimer's, they are able to come to us in our dreams. Today during my nap, I had a dream I was at work and my sister came to see me.  She had flowers for me for my birthday and she said to me I have a surprise for you for your birthday.  Next thing I know my Mom is walking through the door with the biggest smile on her face and walked right up to me telling me happy birthday and she loved me.  Then gave me the tightest hug.  I didn't want to let go of her.  I couldn't believe that she was there and that not only she remembered my birthday but that she was completely ok in my dream.  Tears were streaming down my face.  I then woke up with actual tears on my face and my pillow.  That is seriously the best birthday gift I could have ever received this year, even if it came to me in my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment